Friday, November 30, 2012

Dear Santa

Dear Santa,

I've been a good girl for 2012.  I could list off the good things I've done, but that seems smug to me, so I won't do it.  I've also done a few not-so-good things, like encouraging a white-lie so feelings won't get hurt, but my heart was in the right place, so I don't know if that counts as "bad" or not in your book.  Since you don't have a published rule-book of "good things" and "bad things," I'm left a little in the dark when things are good but for the wrong reasons or bad but done for the right reasons.  May I suggest that you look into self-publishing such a book so everyone is on the same page, so to speak.  I don't think you'd get published by the big publishing companies - their motto seems to be "Just say no."

This year, as with most years, I'd really like some more art supplies.  Copic markers are always on the list, but even more than those, I'd love to find a Wacom Inkling under the tree this year.  Did I tell you we have an upside down tree this year?  It hangs from the ceiling!  Just so you know, the presents are supposed to go on the table under the tree.  It's sort of the same idea as mistletoe with kisses, but it's with presents.


Not all the ornaments are up on the tree yet, but it looks nice when it's dark outside!  Oh, and the table's not there yet because we're getting ready for a Cookie Exchange Party this Sunday.  I promise to keep a nice variety plate for you.  :)

Here's hoping you have to work harder than ever to keep up because there were lots of good people throughout the world!

~Jayme

2 comments:

  1. How on earth did you get your tree to hang upside-down Jayme? I'm in awe lol... but not as in awe as I am of the absolutely BEAUTIFUL ATC you sent me <3 What did you use for that? Is it that thin plastic that take-out sometimes comes in? Everyone in the house loves it too ;)) Thank you for the goodies too, I use lots of tissue paper but somehow always forget about crepe ;P I'll leave you some mojo on ATCsforall too xx Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! I thought I replied to your comment, Patricia! Sorry...

    It's pretty easy to do an upside down tree, really. We took a 6 foot fake tree and cut down the main trunk so it was only 4 feet tall. We glued that together as well as drilled a hole in all the pieces that came together and used baling wire to make sure it wouldn't fall apart once it was on the ceiling! Next, we turned the whole thing upside down and drilled a large hole in the "trunk" so we could put a harbinger in it. Then we hung a large eye hook from the ceiling, to get ready for the tree. We actually hung the tree from a dog leash so we could put the "branches" on, then we hoisted it up to the ceiling and started decorating! In retrospect, we should have put the lights on it before we hung it up, but all the ornaments are glass, so those would've had to wait, anyway. :)

    I'm so glad you liked the ATC! It was made in layers (like the name I gave it, "Well of Emotions"). First, I covered a card with aluminum flashing - it's got sticky on one side, so you pull that off and stick it on. We've been restoring an old Victorian house, so it was left over from parts of the chimney. The plastic (#6) is from a take out box, yes! We ordered lunch take-out at a new place in a town near where I live, my sandwich/salad came in the box. I cleaned it all up after I finished my lunch because #6 plastic is "shrinky dink" plastic. :) I used sharpies on it, then put it in the toaster oven at 200 degrees. I didn't want it to be all flat, though, so I pulled it out before it had a chance to finish "cooking." That's what gave me the cool "Well." Then I went back to the aluminum flashing and used a stick from the yard - seriously - that I dulled on a rock. That's what I used to emboss the "underlying emotions" into the aluminum. Last, I used E6000 glue to mount the plastic onto the card. It takes a little while, but the results were exactly what I wanted! I'm so pleased you like the card as much as you do - it was more difficult to let go than I thought it would be. :)

    ReplyDelete